- From the U.S. and Canada, you can take a direct flight to Huatulco (HUX) during winter months from several U.S. and Canadian cities. Otherwise, convenient connecting flights run mainly through Mexico City. The Huatulco International Airport (HUX) is approximately 1.5 hour drive. However, by flying into Mexico City, you can take one of several daily flights to Puerto Escondido or one of 6 daily flights to Huatulco. Many of the flights listed below do not show up through flight search engines like Expedia. It is best to check directly with the airlines.
- From the U.S.:
- United Airlines year round via Houston, days of the week vary
- Sun Country: January through April, from Minneapolis on Saturdays
- Apple Vacations: direct flights seasonally from Chicago and St. Louis
- Interjet direct year-round to Mexico City from Houston, Las Vegas, Miami, New York, San Antonio, Dallas, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, Orlando and Montreal, Vancouver and Toronto
- Aeromexico flies direct to Mexico City from Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Fresno, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Ontario, Orlando, Sacramento and San Antonio.
- VivaAerobus flies directly from Mexico City to Puerto Escondido. Direct flights from the States to Mexico City from Las Vegas and New York.
- Volaris flies to several U.S. cities from Mexico City.
- From Canada:
- Sun Wing during high season from the end of October to the end of April/May: from Toronto, Vancouver, Victoria, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Regina, Winnipeg, Montreal and Calgary
- Air Canada flies directly to Mexico City from several Canadian cities.
Rental cars may also be found in Pto Escondido at a local agency, Los 3 Reyes. Cars can be rented at the Huatulco airport from Avis, Hertz and Enterprise.
Casamar Suites can be accessed via Highway 200 that links Acapulco to Huatulco.
Taxis can be taken from both airports. Or you can walk approximately 150 meters out of either airport to the main highway and take a local taxi for a considerably cheaper rate. Also, from Huatulco airport, the green and white buses, SUR, can be taken from the highway once an hour or the blue and white buses can be taken every 20 minutes.